A corset is an attire that is made using a strong but flexible fabric with steel reinforcements. It works to accentuate a woman’s curves. Ideally, the corset is tightened by fastening the front part called the busk and then lacing it at the back. They are worn to fit around the torso (mid-section). They can be worn over or under the clothes, depending on the style you choose. Having that in mind, let us look at the common questions around corsets:
How should you wear a corset, over or under the clothes?
It all depends on your personal preferences. Women who purchase sexy corsets simply want to have an hourglass shape. Wearing sexy lingerie corsets under the clothes is called stealth corseting. Most women prefer to wear corsets under their clothes. No matter the style you choose, it is important to have a layer between your corset and your body.
What type of fabric should you purchase?
All the fabrics are beautiful and made of quality materials. What you need to know is that all fabrics have their own pros and cons. Explore the list below:
- Satin: if you want to wear a corset under your clothes, satin is the best option. A satin corset will not attach itself under your clothes.
- Mesh: It is lightweight, comfortable, and easy to wear in hot months.
- Cotton: It has a thicker fabric which makes it tricky to wear. But once you are used to it, you will feel comfortable wearing it.
- Brocade: This is a fabric that makes sexy corsets. They are elegant than a plain fabric and can add some flare on your outfit. Since its thick, you will have to get used to wearing it.
What size of the corset should you purchase?
Steel boned corsets are primarily sized using the waist. The general guideline is as follows:
- If your natural waistline is below 38 inches, then your collection of sexy corsets to buy should be 4-7 inches smaller than your waist.
- If your natural waistline is above 38 inches, then order a corset that is 7-10 inches smaller than your waist.
What is the difference between a waist trainer and a corset?
A waist trainer is a latex clincher. It is more like sweat pants because it is a one size fits all. On the other hand, a corset is made to fit a waist correctly. You can also wear luxury corsets over your clothes as a fashion statement. As much as you can wear a sexy lingerie corset under your clothes, you cannot wear a waist trainer over the clothes.
A corset is a beautiful accessory that can change the look of a lady, the most important bit is to ensure that you select the right corset that fits your style and your waist.